Supply chains are still coping with the challenges that rose up during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. Challenges such as the shortage of skilled labor and less certified forklift operators have impacted businesses across the United States. Retail warehouses, CPG manufacturing, and food production have all been hurt by the shortage of forklift operators. Another issue is that many workers are living paycheck to paycheck because their wages are not rising to match the current level of inflation. Workwhile has developed an in app forklift certification to help deal with the previously listed issues.
"As a worker-first platform, we are proud to offer our workers an easy, accessible, and free way to start building a career while increasing their earning potential," says Jarah Euston, Co-Founder & CEO of WorkWhile. "WorkWhile is in a unique position to help workers develop new skills that they can apply immediately to businesses with critical, unfilled jobs. We are addressing the skilled labor shortage head-on by offering a 21st century, all-mobile path to certification for these in-demand jobs."
From PR Newswire:
- WorkWhile's free forklift certification program is the first of many initiatives aimed at helping hourly workers create more financial opportunities for themselves. Workers with a forklift certification can earn on average around $3.55 more per hour or over $7,300/year compared to a material mover without a forklift certification.
- By earning nearly 24% more, forklift certified workers can build more financial stability for themselves and their families.
- WorkWhile has partnered with Forklift Certification Institute, an all-online, OSHA compliant forklift certification program, to provide the training content & certification testing through the WorkWhile app. The partnership delivers an innovative path to upleveling skills and earning more money for a blue collar workforce.
- Offered free for WorkWhile users. Most other certification programs require a nominal fee and a desktop, which can be inaccessible to workers without disposable income or a laptop. The training consists of short, easy-to-follow videos and slideshows that can take as little as 2-3 hours to complete. However, workers can go at a pace that fits their schedule. Upon completion of the training, workers will be prompted to take the final test and earn their classroom certification. Once certified, graduates will finalize their OSHA certification on equipment at the job site.
- Job seekers today take, on average, 5 months to find a new job. With WorkWhile, those 5 months shorten to minutes, and people can start earning right away. Similarly, once a worker has completed their forklift certification, the jobs on the WorkWhile app that require forklift certification will become instantly available. Alowing workers to earn a higher hourly wage right away.