Modern Hire launched the Virtual Job Tryout (VJT) for Drivers, a preconfigured pre-hire assessment for candidates seeking employment as a commercial driver. VJT for Drivers enables recruiting teams responsible for large volume hiring to quickly, ethically and more accurately identify best-fit candidates based on job-specific content.
“As part of Modern Hire’s continued commitment to providing our clients with the most advanced hiring solutions available, we have developed the VJT for Drivers to address one of the many challenges hiring teams face specific to transportation and logistics,” says Karin Borchert, CEO of Modern Hire. “Virtual Job Tryouts help reduce friction in the hiring process by maximizing candidate fit, a known predictor of employee retention and success.”
From PR Newswire:
Designed to be used across a variety of roles where commercial driving is the primary task, the VJT for Drivers includes the following:
- Situational Judgment Exercise. Allows candidates to step into the role and respond to a variety of situations drivers are likely to encounter. Measurement themes include productivity, teamwork and safety.
- Check Your Dashboard Exercise. Asks candidates to assess their vehicle’s dashboard and review the operating guidelines before they can begin driving. They are then asked to select the correct course of action to prepare their vehicle.
- Check for Errors Exercise. Assesses a candidate’s ability to accurately verify data including dates, mileage, and plate number.
- Work History Exercise. Evaluates a candidate’s past in areas such as motivation, experience, rule-following, past performance, reliability and career stability.
- Work Style Exercise. Evaluates styles and personality traits related to driver success, including following directions, being monitored, focused and adaptive to change.
“As demand for commercial drivers continues to surge across all industries and regions, the most common concern we hear from our clients is the inability to find qualified candidates,” says Mike Hudy, chief science officer at Modern Hire. “By leveraging our VJT for Drivers, clients use virtual exercises to easily assess and measure candidates on attributes such as focus and rule following that are critical to safety and driver success. The tool takes pressure off hiring teams while providing candidates an engaging experience that can be easily accessed anytime and anywhere.”