Mountain View, CA February 28, 2002 Velosel Corporation, a provider of e-channel management software, recently announced the formation of the Velosel Business Advisory Board. Comprised of industry experts and thought leaders with extensive experience in different industries and e-business technologies, the board is formed to advise Velosel on business strategies and product initiatives for the consumer packaged goods (CPG) and industrial manufacturing industries.
Charter members of the advisory board include:
- Godard Abel - Co-founder and CEO, BigMachines, Inc.
- Neil M. Day, Jr. - CIO, Wal-Mart.com
- Brian C. Gentile - Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Brio Software, Inc.
- J. Mark Harran - Executive Strategy Consultant and former Senior Vice President, Sales, Customer Development and Marketing Services, Kraft General Foods (now Kraft Foods, Inc.)
- Mark V. Klopp - Managing Director of Eastman Ventures, Eastman Chemical Company
- Bill Purcell - Former Chief New Markets Officer, Transora
- Glen A. Terbeek - Founder, Breakaway Strategies, Inc. and recently retired Managing Partner of Global Food and Consumer Packaged Goods Industry Practice, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture)
This announcement comes as part of Velosel's strategy to further strengthen the company's ties with the consumer package goods and industrial manufacturing industries. In forthcoming press releases, Velosel expects to announce significant partner alliances as well as CPG-specific functionality for its Velosel eChannel Manager" solution. This functionality will extend the product's value proposition for CPG manufacturers that need to manage and optimize their electronic sales channels, including private trading exchanges, consortia e-marketplaces, and EDI networks.
"We are honored to have attracted individuals of this caliber to join our advisory board," said Glenn Abood, president and CEO of Velosel. "Each brings a wealth of experience, and together, as a single team, will provide us with a diversity of viewpoints - including the demand, supply and consortia perspectives of the CPG and industrial manufacturing industries. The board will be an invaluable asset to Velosel."