Supply chains as we know them are being redefined and function on a digital innovation system that interconnects product, supply chain, manufacturing, customer and service processes. Manufacturers are digitally transforming and require a technology platform that enables this digital thread to be established.
Key considerations for building a digital supply chain of one include:
- Focus on customer centricity by sensing demand and expediting delivery
- Enable predictive business across design, production, service and maintenance
- Invest in smart automation to realize flexible, rapid manufacturing
- Ensure total visibility to capture and analyze connected product information for optimal quality
- Leverage a digital innovation platform, powered by IoT, blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics, to enable secure process automation, smarter decision making and faster response to the customer and end consumer