Manassas, Va.—May 7, 2014—Recently, INSIGHT introduced INSIGHT SCOREKEEPER that integrates optimization and simulation in the same supply chain network design tool, opening up a whole new world of what-if scenarios, which can translate into savings.
SAILS SCOREKEEPER features include:
- Simulation of complete supply chain operations, including procurement, manufacturing and finished goods distribution at a daily level of detail.
- Complete, seamless integration into the SAILS system, including database, user interface, and output reports and graphics.
- High performance, even for very large supply chains.
- The ability to simulate either the current supply chain (baseline) or the result of any SAILS optimization exercise with automatic communication of either solution to the simulation.
- Processing of individual customer orders at a ship-to-customer and line-item level of detail.
- Customer order prioritization options.
- Extensive order processing options, including 12 policy choices for handling stock-outs.
- Detailed inventory control policy options.
- Extensive demand forecasting options, from naïve to sophisticated.
- Automatic or user-controlled production planning and scheduling.
- Elaborate transportation shipment planning and dispatching options, including:
- Multiple dispatch triggers.
- Extensive shipment consolidation options.
- The optional ability to include customer, replenishment and transfer shipments in the same dispatch.
- A detailed shipment rater capable of accepting any mix of mode types.
- Optional replenishment and facility transfer shipment preparation logic, which, for example, enables the user to assess the impacts on inventory and customer service when priority is given to full-load shipments.
- Daily invocation of an optimization-based shipment planning and dispatching algorithm, capable of discovering important opportunities for shipment consolidation.