Zebra Technologies Corporation has unveiled its intuitive warehouse offerings designed to optimize workflows, maximize productivity in the warehouse and improve employee onboarding.
Offering a modern user experience that leverages Zebra's Android-based mobile computers and innovative optional accessories like the new enterprise-class HD4000 head-mounted display, Zebra FulfillmentEdge transforms existing warehouse management systems (WMS) by enabling real-time dynamic workflows and routing mobile workers for picking, packing and put-away - without costly and risk upgrades or backend changes.
According to the company's recent 2024 Warehousing Vision Study, IT and operational decision makers are taking steps to upgrade their facilities and WMS platforms. Findings show that 54% of surveyed organizations plan to implement full-featured WMS and mobile worker execution systems by 2024.
FullfillmentEdge integrates existing real-time WMS data with real-time location information, providing visibility into the location of workers, inventory and material handling assets. The solution then analyzes the information and creates real-time workflows delivered as electronic tasks that can contain visual directions to the next pick location and photos of the item to ensure picking accuracy. Now, one worker can simultaneously pick up multiple orders, enabling businesses to increase order fulfillment times and boost worker productivity by 24%.
“The on-demand economy is placing pressure on warehouse operations to quickly fulfill more orders than ever before, requiring a highly productive and efficient workforce,” said Joe White, Senior Vice President of Enterprise Mobile Computing, Zebra Technologies. “Zebra’s intuitive FulfillmentEdge software and optional HD4000 head-mounted display provide mobile workers with clear, step-by-step instructions that reduce training time by 90 percent to allow near-instant onboarding while decision makers benefit from the real-time insights and analytics that enable better data-driven decisions.”
The study also found that 62% of companies say they plan to add or upgrade to wearable computers, such as smart watches, smart glasses or hip-mounted devices. Zebra's first enterprise-class, head-mounted display is lightweight for hands-free and heads-up, directed-action workflows that increase task efficiency and accuracy by overlaying contextual information.
- Zebra FulfillmentEdge modernizes warehouse management systems by optimizing workflows, maximizing worker productivity and improving employee onboarding without costly and risky upgrades or backend changes that could disrupt operations.
- Using Zebra’s solution, a single worker can be directed to pick multiple orders and put away incoming shipments and returned items — all in a single trip through the warehouse — enabling businesses to pick up to 24 percent more orders per day without adding staff.
- Companies can almost instantly onboard new employees and reduce training time up to 90 percent with this Zebra solution.
- The rugged HD4000 is Zebra’s first enterprise-class, head-mounted display for hands-free, directed-action workflows that increases task efficiency and accuracy by overlaying contextual information within each worker’s field of view.
- Zebra also introduces the new lightweight, rugged RS5100 Bluetooth ring scanner, offering maximum comfort and ease-of-use to improve worker productivity across a variety of applications.