Nearly 60% of consumers surveyed find it more important that the package arrives on the promised date rather than the delivery being quick, according to new research from Shipup.
“Recognizing the wide ranging habits of American consumers, from shopping frequency to post-purchase preferences, provides valuable insights and actionable intelligence for brands. In a competitive market, this report provides a roadmap for brands looking to gain a leading edge,” says Agop Ashjian, CEO of Shipup. “As more and more retailers turn to online shopping as their primary sales medium, this report underscores the need for effective and proactive communication in the post purchase journey to retain and drive customer loyalty.”
- 70% of shoppers aged 26-35 participate in weekly online orders.
- 65% of American consumers would not return to a retailer after a poor delivery experience.
- 81% of consumers want to receive a notification when there is a delivery problem.
- 85% of respondents underscored the significance of comprehending purchase terms, policies, and other post-purchase services prior to finalizing their transactions.
- Post-purchase messaging sees a 217% higher open rate, 500% higher click rate, and 90% higher revenue per recipient than an average email campaign.