San Mateo, Calif.—Sept. 19, 2012—NetSuite Inc., an industry provider of cloud-based financials/ERP software suites, expanded its cloud solutions to a number of new customers across the bicycle industry including Terry Bicycles, SIDI America, Niner Bikes and Nuu. These new customers adopted NetSuite cloud business management software to better manage financials, inventory, warehousing and third-party logistics (3PL), order management, CRM and multichannel sales across in-store, B2B and B2C.
“NetSuite enables us to eliminate server investments and gives us the confidence that data is going to flow correctly from end to end so that orders and transactions are processed correctly,” said Elisabeth Robert, Chief Executive Officer, Terry Bicycles. “NetSuite is a robust solution for dealing with the complexities of a small business with an affordable cloud pricing model that really works.”
NetSuite cloud solutions enable these fast-growing bike companies to streamline business processes, gain agility and flexibility and achieve operational efficiencies in the following ways:
- Improving supply chain operations in the cloud with integrated capabilities for inventory and order management, with demand forecasts built from real-time data, reducing excess inventory or risk of stock outs
- Rapidly growing omni-channel, international supply and distribution networks including direct-to-consumer eCommerce sales, marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, and large retailers
- Providing a real-time, 360-degree view of the business by seamlessly integrating financials/ERP, CRM and eCommerce, empowering businesses to manage their interactions directly with consumers, other businesses and trading partners
- Allowing data to flow seamlessly for wholesale distributors and their trading partners, to ensure communication in lockstep with the same data, audit trails and real-time accuracy at every stage
- Stakeholders can share container, pallet, location, forecasting, scheduling and unit-level data while collaborating on a common cloud platform
- Managing all transactions and associated customer interactions regardless of touchpoint
- Reducing IT costs and being free from version lock with automatic upgrades, ensuring customers the latest and greatest features of NetSuite's industry-leading cloud ERP, CRM and eCommerce software suite
“NetSuite gives us a one-stop shop to manage all of our business processes in an integrated manner without the inefficiencies and data silos we had with QuickBooks and Excel,” said Matt Ryan, lead customer sales and service manager, SIDI America. “We’ve been able to reduce our shipping costs and speed deliveries with NetSuite, and we’re confident we have the platform we need to expand our eCommerce channel into direct-to-consumer sales.”
The increasing expansion of bicycle products available through a broad range of retail outlets and direct consumer sales channels leaves small companies finding themselves competing with multi-national giants for retail space, mindshare and customer loyalty. As a result, smaller companies are forced to sacrifice critical headcount to handle IT and manage multiple disparate systems instead of driving business strategies forward to maintain a competitive edge. Couple that with a lack of visibility across a far-flung supply chain and innovative bike companies struggle to compete effectively.
“Bicycle companies running NetSuite can focus on their core mission of delivering innovative bicycles and accessories and building customer loyalty and brand awareness without the overhead of an in-house IT shop,” said Roman Bukary, Assistant Vice President of Manufacturing and Wholesale Distribution, NetSuite. “It’s extremely gratifying to see so many of our customers rapidly grow their businesses atop the NetSuite platform and underscores how cloud technology can be a critical differentiator that drives competitive advantage.”
NetSuite's cloud solution enables the rapid scaling of biking brands by eliminating many of the growing pains associated with fast-growing businesses and significantly improving efficiency. Leveraging NetSuite frees bike companies from the overhead and distraction of creating costly and complicated IT departments and allows them to focus on developing superior products, values, and customer experiences.
“I can be in a café in Italy and use my iPhone to see how sales are going, what shipments are on the water, which POs have been paid—and then go back to the trade show and talk about new composites for bicycle frames,” said Chris Sugai, Chief Executive Officer, Niner Bikes. “NetSuite is easy to use, but it also can take us to a $100 million company without missing a beat.”
Nuun, a top-selling sports drink in run, bike, and outdoor specialty stores enlisted NetSuite to manage the needs of its category-leading business. Switching from a stand-alone shopping cart to NetSuite's SuiteCommerce solution provided a more user-friendly experience for shoppers, and gives Nuun detailed reporting and analytical data that helps the company refine its offerings.
“The integrated nature of NetSuite gives us all the visibility and data we need in order to run our business and focus on our core competency of developing optimal hydration products,” said Casey Otley, Chief Financial Officer, Nuun. “And we realize cost savings through NetSuite because we don't need to maintain an IT department or spend money integrating systems.”