MODEX 2020 attendees are registering in record numbers for the event to be held March 9-12 at Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center.
When attendees register, they are asked to answer a variety of demographic questions indicating their industry, product interest, buying authority and spending plans. Looking at attendees that have registered to date, they are high in quality from a buying authority perspective and represent the majority of the Fortune 1000 and top 100 retailers and consumer goods firms. Below are some highlights from current MODEX attendee demographics.
- 51% are corporate or senior management
- 25% are middle management
- 84% have buying power
- 61% buy for distribution centers
- 44% buy for manufacturing facilities
- 50% buy for warehouses supporting manufacturing
- 32% plan on spending over $1 million over the next 18 months
- 80% are coming to see new products and innovations
- 61% are coming to network and learn.
When it comes to the solutions MODEX attendees are looking for, the top categories are:
- Automation and Robotics Equipment and Systems (54%)
- Conveyor & Sortation Equipment (46%)
- Automatic Identification & Data Collection/Radio Frequency Identification (40%)
- Fork Lift Trucks (40%)
- Packaging and Shipping Solutions (40%)
- Racks, Shelving and Storage Equipment (37%)
- Software Systems for Warehousing, Distribution & Logistics (35%)
- Information Systems & Controls (33%)
- Ergonomic and Safety Equipment (33%)
These statistics are an early indication of investments in the manufacturing and supply chain equipment and systems that will be showcased at MODEX 2020.