San Mateo, Calif.—June 4, 2015—NetSuite Inc., a provider of cloud-based financials, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and omnichannel commerce software suites, announced that Maclaren, a global manufacturer of baby strollers, furniture and accessories, replaced multiple, disparate systems, including Demandware Commerce, with NetSuite SuiteCommerce to run its global business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) business from a single, unified commerce platform. Maclaren uses SuiteCommerce to power its B2B and B2C e-commerce, inventory management, order management, marketing, warehouse management, manufacturing, customer support and financials.
The inventor of the umbrella stroller, Maclaren, sells its products in over 50 countries through more than 2,100 retail partners and through its e-commerce website Maclarenbaby.com. Previously, Maclaren required multiple disparate systems to run its business, which were costly and time-consuming to maintain, and resulted in complex integrations and customizations that limited growth and prevented the business from keeping up with customer expectations.
“We wanted one global solution that could manage everything, and help us grow and expand without having to continue to reinvest in technology and different point solutions,” said Jim Ramsey, global head of technology for Maclaren. “With SuiteCommerce, all the functionality we need to run and expand our B2C and B2B operations worldwide is right there in a single solution.”
SuiteCommerce Facilitates Global Business Expansion
Born in the cloud, NetSuite SuiteCommerce provides the flexibility and agility Maclaren needs to keep up with the pace of business, reduce operational costs, increase efficiencies, and eliminate the hassles of managing hardware and software. Implemented in January 2015 in just four months, Maclaren is now managing warehouses in the UK, the U.S. and France, and running country-specific websites for France, Germany, Spain, the UK and the U.S. on SuiteCommerce. Additionally, the unified cloud-based platform provides Maclaren with the capabilities it needs to continue to grow and expand its commerce operations globally by providing:
- A single platform for growth. With SuiteCommerce, Maclaren is able to run its business around the world from a single platform, eliminating integrations between separate systems, and gaining the flexibility and agility needed to support its business growth.
- Support for multiple sites. Maclaren is able to launch new, country-specific websites in days, all from a single site instance that supports multiple countries, languages, tax rates and currencies.
- Any selling model. Running both its B2C and B2B operations on a single platform helps Maclaren to dramatically lower investment and to eliminate the need to maintain separate systems.
- Rich brand experience. SuiteCommerce’s flexible platform enables Maclaren to deliver the rich interactive engaging shopping experience that reflects its brand with pixel-perfect design capabilities and the ability to customize business logic.
- A mobile-first design. With the number of website visitors coming from smartphones and tablets increasing in all markets, Maclaren can deliver a mobile-optimized experience that displays elegantly across all devices.
- Intelligent merchandising. Faceted search and navigation, dynamic merchandising, and simplified cart and checkout make it simple for shoppers to explore, select and purchase the goods they want.
- A customer-centric format. Self-service My Account capabilities in SuiteCommerce make it easier for customers to track order status, manage account details, view purchase history and more. Additionally, customers can submit and track their service and return requests from the site.
- Access to real-time data. Maclaren’s staff has access to customer, order and inventory data across all channels at their fingertips. Armed with that data, the company can ensure it is delivering a single version of the truth to its customers.
- B2B commerce. Maclaren streamlines processes associated with phone, fax and email orders for its more than 2,000 B2B partners, ranging from boutique shops to large retail partners, including Target, Bed Bath & Beyond and Babies"R"Us in the U.S. and Mothercare in the UK.