Ann Arbor, Mich.—Sept. 26, 2014—CIMdata, Inc., the global product lifecycle management (PLM) strategic management consulting and research firm, announced the release of the CIMdata 2014 PLM Geography report, the fourth of five modules in the CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The PLM Market Analysis Report Series, which is published annually, provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2013. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2014 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2013, forecasts of investments for 2014 through 2018 and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2013.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end-user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2013, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including tools and digital manufacturing. The tools section has additional details on sub-segments. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2014 through 2018.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2013 market results by major geography. CIMdata’s 2013 estimates and market forecasts for 2014 through 2018 for PLM, and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the collaborative product data management (cPDm) segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific (AP) countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2013 market results. CIMdata’s 2013 estimates and market forecasts for 2014 through 2018 for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process-petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
During 2013, all major geographies continued their recovery from the global recession. CIMdata forecasts a continued rebound to growth in all major regions during the five-year forecast period, with Asia-Pacific growing above the overall PLM average.
The Americas region is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4 percent to reach $16.4 billion in 2018. EMEA and AP is going to have CAGRs of 4.9 and 7.2 percent, respectively. EMEA is going to grow to $15.3 billion and AP is going to reach over $14.5 billion in 2018.
“North America and western Europe are both mature markets,” stated Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s vice president of research. “Growth in these markets is being driven by the expansion of the PLM footprint in larger companies, adoption by small and mid-market companies, and penetration of new industries, (e.g., financial services, consumer packaged goods, and food and beverage). Asia-Pacific, particularly in China and India, is adopting PLM in all major sectors and this drives the higher-than-average growth. Eastern Europe (including Russia) offers the opportunity for above-average growth in EMEA. South America is in the early adoption phase and has a smaller industrial base than other regions.”