Reston, Va.—April 7, 2014—Softeon, a provider of supply chain software, continues to gain market traction in the third-party logistics sector with a set of capabilities and solutions that enable third-party logistics providers (3PLs) to improve performance. Softeon’s support for 3PLs can also be leveraged by non-3PLs acting as shared service organizations within their companies—a growing trend.
Softeon now offers a more complete set of supply chain execution solutions for 3PLs. Highlights include:
- Billing management that enables 3PLs to account for and accurately charge clients for distribution-related services along more attributes and with more flexibility. This billing system can also be used by shared services organizations to do the same for charging internal company clients.
- The new Softeon WMS Cloud, which is a flexible warehouse management system (WMS) that enables 3PLs to easily and quickly deploy WMS solutions to a wide range of industries and different levels of process complexity, from the most basic to highly advanced distribution operations.
- The Softeon TMS and new Freight Audit and Payment (FAP) module, which provide the capabilities that 3PLs and shared service organizations need in terms of consolidating shipments across clients, including both a buy and sell view of each transaction, and being able to allocate transportation costs to specific clients, products and more.
- A distributed order management (DOM) system that enables 3PLs to optimize fulfillment to their clients by intelligently selecting the optimal fulfillment point based on inventory, costs, service requirements and more.
- Traditional order management capabilities to meet the requirements many 3PLs are experiencing to take on more order processing responsibility for their clients, even as they often lack the high-end order management system (OMS) capabilities such requirements demand.
- Robust labor and resource management capabilities to enable labor planning and reporting by individual client.
All of these capabilities and more are provided on a single, completely integrated technology platform that can be run in the cloud or with traditional deployments.
Softeon has a growing roster of 3PL clients and successful deployments at 3PLs across the globe. 3PL clients include DB Schenker, CEVA Logistics, PSS Distribution Services, Sony DADC, Banneker Industries, Network Global Logistics (NGL), OIA Global, Federation Logistics, RANSA Comericale, Grupo Scharff, Strama MPS and others.