Camarillo, Calif.—July 10, 2012—Media & entertainment technology provider Technicolor is expanding its Third Party Logistics (3PL) service offering and has rebranded the organization as Technicolor Global Logistics (TGL). Building upon its success in direct-to-retail distribution and freight management, the company will address similar supply chain requirements in new market segments including consumer electronics; toys/recreational products; consumer packaged goods (CPG); and other durable product categories. Technicolor’s TGL services include freight brokerage; ocean, air and ground transportation; shipment/load optimization; and business intelligence reporting.
“Due to our long-standing reputation for exceptional and consistent execution, unique ability to manage time-sensitive, high volume/event-based product introductions and market-leading expertise in transportation shipment optimization, Technicolor is an ideal partner for any company seeking improved supply chain flexibility and cost optimization,” said Elaine Singleton, Vice President of Supply Chain at Technicolor Global Logistics.
Technicolor Global Logistics manages fifteen (15) supply chain facilities throughout the world. The company provides a comprehensive array of supply chain services ranging from direct procurement services to returns logistics. Across this range of services, Technicolor utilizes its market-leading Transportation Management System (TMS) to optimize product movements via an established multi-mode carrier network to more than 10,000 ship-to locations in North America alone. Delivering timely and comprehensive customer service support and lowering total transportation costs remain TGL’s ongoing critical customer priorities.
Technicolor Global Logistics service offerings include:
- Transportation Management System services inclusive of route planning; shipment consolidation; mode optimization; carrier and service selection; rate selection; in-transit inventory visibility; track and trace; freight audit and pay; and centralized transportation control
- Full Truck Load (FTL) and Less Than Truck Load (LTL) freight brokerage and management
- Air and ocean freight management
- Integrated distribution services including order management; inventory control; kitting; and pick, pack and shipment processing with the ability to process exceptionally high volumes to an extended store and/or warehousing network.
- Reverse logistics and returns management
- On-time delivery performance of 99.95 percent
- Real-time online business intelligence reporting and supply chain visibility down to SKU level detail
- Operational, service and financial Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting
- Carrier Report Cards (CRC) to track trends and manage KPIs
- Benchmarking and modeling to generate “what if” analysis and optimize networks