Movilitas announced the availability of its Movilitas.Cloud Verification Router Service (VRS) solution that simplifies the verification process and compliance for pharmaceutical wholesale distributors and manufacturers. The new mobile app provides an out-of-the-box solution for the November 2020 Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) saleable returns verification deadline.
With the upcoming regulation, wholesale distributors must verify the serialized product identifiers of saleable products that have been returned before they can be resold. With around 60 million pharmaceutical saleable returns in the U.S. market every year, wholesale distributors need a scanning solution that provides real-time feedback of product authenticity to minimize operational impacts.
The Movilitas.Cloud VRS solution offers a new set of services that pharmaceutical wholesale distributors and manufacturers can leverage to streamline the bi-directional flow of data to efficiently handle saleable returns verification. An easy-to-use solution with features including
- Real-time verification and feedback after each scan
- Out-of-the-box solution that is easy to use for simple compliance
- Easily connect and communicate with all VRS solutions
- Solution integrates with other EPCIS repositories such as SAP ATTP and with cloud-based solutions such as SAP ICH
- Benefit from blockchain technology, guaranteeing the integrity of the lookup directory data
- Dedicated DSCSA repository that stores all executed scans and results
- Compliant with GS1 standards
- Member of HDA VRS workgroup
"Currently, many wholesale distributors rely on point-to-point solutions or manual processes, resulting in process disruptions and delays. It can take up to one business day until verification requests are processed," said Ross Young, CEO of Movilitas. "By leveraging the easy-to-use Movilitas.Cloud, they can quickly improve operational efficiency and patient safety with real-time verification and product authenticity."