Kaleris introduced two updates to its yard management system (YMS): a driver pre-check-in app and gate kiosk that together reduces wait time at the gate for higher velocity and productivity and an Enterprise Visibility Suite. This suite provides a consolidated view of operations across all of an organization’s yards so that businesses can manage capacity and exceptions.
“As supply chain leaders look for ways to drive out cost and increase efficiency, they’re examining how to optimize yard operations,” said Chris Brumett the VP of Product Management at Kaleris. “Our customers realize that efficiency within the warehouse can be driven through a more efficient yard. The complexities of the yard require the same level of attention and focus as the warehouse, which is motivating heightened interest in yard management systems.”
- The combination of the new driver pre-check-in app and multi-language gate kiosks directly connected to the Kaleris YMS empowers facilities to maximize productivity through automated and time-saving practices for both inbound and outbound yard shipments.
- Facilities can reduce check-in time per arrival by over 80% while also accelerating gate velocity, reducing wasted effort, providing clear information and greater convenience to visiting drivers and reapplying limited human labor to higher-value tasks. The app and kiosk can support 24/7 gate operations on manned or unmanned gates.
- Drivers download or access the app via the web on any mobile device and select from multiple language options to suit their preferences. After completing pre-check-in before arriving at the facility, the app sends the driver a QR code. It simultaneously pings the Kaleris YMS with advanced notice of the driver’s arrival, automating a dock door or parking spot reservation.
- If the driver is picking up a load, the YMS helps the warehouse prepare load staging, which reduces load time and driver detention while increasing dock turns. If the driver is delivering a shipment, the app check-in prepares warehouse managers to allocate receiving resources for faster trailer offloading. Once the driver scans their QR code at the kiosk, they are directed to the correct location in the yard and can begin engaging in two-way SMS communication with the facility for additional information or updates.
- The new Enterprise Visibility Suite (EVS) provides an organization with a consolidated view of operations across all its yard sites running the Kaleris YMS. It delivers single-pane visibility into their accessorial charge management, inbound processing and assets such as trailers. Providing KPIs to support exception management to generate the best outcomes across the network.
- Corporate and on-site teams are empowered to proactively work together to address areas that require attention, such as better management of network yard capacity or validating trailer pool location and size.