Short Hills, N.J.—Oct. 9, 2012—Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), a global source of business commercial information and insight, launched the U.S./China Tradeportal.dnb to enable business-to-business (B2B) buyers and sellers to gain insight in doing business with each other. The initial launch connects the U.S. and China markets, with other international markets to follow.
The portal combines import/export data and other third-party data with D&B’s global database of more than 210 million businesses. The trade portal’s multi-sourced view into the business enables buyers and suppliers to have a broader and more transparent perspective on prospective partners in their supply chain.
“Until now, suppliers and buyers often struggled to find the most relevant trading partners among thousands of business listings and get reliable and verified information about these businesses,” said Adnan Ahmed, Leader, tradeportal.dnb. “D&B’s new trade portal gives added confidence and insight as they evaluate business partnerships and enter trade relationships, through unbiased ratings, independent user reviews and information from D&B.”
Tradeportal.dnb includes more than 30 million businesses in the U.S. and China. It combines technology innovations to match buyers and suppliers based on their individual trading needs. D&B provides its proprietary business ratings along with ratings and reviews of buyers and suppliers. Additionally, DUNS Verified Seal is present on select membership profiles indicating that D&B has conducted a site verification of the business. The DUNS Verified Seal profile includes digital images taken by D&B of the facility and/or business entity along with additional information collected and verified by D&B.
Key benefits of tradeportal.dnb include:
- DUNS-Verified Suppliers—Companies gain a clearer perspective on potential suppliers by viewing an in-depth DUNS-Verified profile on the business.
- Import/Export History—Businesses can quickly identify relevant trading partners based on actual import/export history.
- D&B Risk Indicators, Details and Facts—The relative risk of the business along with additional details and facts, such as credit rating—which are all provided to companies free of charge—can help buyers and suppliers assess companies quickly.
- Community Ratings and Reviews—Buyers and suppliers can see what others using the portal are saying about them to determine if they might be a suitable trading partner for their business.
- Trusted Network Connections—Buyers and suppliers can find and connect with one another, and leverage each other’s networks to expand their connections.