Boca Raton, FL—Oct. 19, 2015—MiX Telematics, a global provider of fleet and mobile asset management solutions, launched a new 7-inch, Android-based touchscreen in-cab display. Called MiX Rovi II, it helps managers and drivers comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) electronic logging requirements, communicate in real time, and improve job routing, navigation and productivity, while reducing fuel usage.
MiX Rovi II extends the company’s MiX Fleet Manager solution for fleet management and driver behavior monitoring, and forms a pivotal part of MiX Telematics’s Hours of Service (HOS) offering. Its customizable data inputs allow drivers to easily capture customer-specific data. Managers are kept in the loop in real time, and customers can be contacted as issues arise rather than after the collation of a day’s data.
Benefits of the MiX Rovi II in-cab display include:
- Safer driving. Alerts, popups and verbal warnings help coach drivers on issues such as speeding, harsh braking and over-revving. An optional navigation feature also includes truck-specific and hazmat-aware routing and directions.
- Reduced fuel usage, and vehicle wear and tear from the elimination of unsafe driving behavior.
- Less paperwork. A fully FMCSA-compliant electronic logging device simplifies the way drivers log their hours and eliminates paper logs.
- Better reporting. The MiX Rovi II unit integrates seamlessly with MiX Telematics’s comprehensive online reporting suite, combining relevant data captured by the display with vehicle and driver information. This allows fleet managers to more effectively manage their assets.
- Improved productivity. Real-time communication between managers and drivers increase efficiency. With new jobs being assigned to drivers in real time, fleets are also able to improve delivery times to customers.
According to Skip Kinford, president and CEO of MiX Telematics Americas, “Our customers need to ensure compliance with FMCSA’s current and pending electronic logging requirements, and are always looking to improve driver safety. MiX Rovi II is an important component of our overall solution, connecting fleet managers, drivers and customers in real time, and improving the overall productivity of fleets.”