- Choice Logistics' logistics and IT infrastructure, which includes same-day availability, real-time control and global visibility, as well as a client support organization;
- SDA's advanced emergency spare parts distribution services, depot repair facility, worldwide presence and partnerships;
- Asset management marketed to companies through their collective channels and beyond;
- Relief of operational expenses and any future burden of inventory management; and,
- Collaborative asset management throughout the lifecycle with forward and reverse logistics.
For more information on solutions for the service and support chain, see the articles "In the Field and All Grown Up," the Net Best Thing column in the June/July 2002 issue of iSource Business (now Supply & Demand Chain Executive), and "Time to Prove It," the Net Best Thing column in the April/May 2003 issue of the magazine.
For best practices in service parts management, see the SDCExec.com article "Three Keys to Successful Service Parts Management."
More articles about Choice Logistics.