Understanding the Market
Finding a Trustworthy Supplier
Factory Visits and Inspections
- To meet the management and see if the company is competent.
- To gauge the factory's level of technical sophistication.
- To check if the factory complies with regulations and labor laws.
- To see who else has placed orders with that factory.
- To determine if the factory's production capacity is as claimed.
- To see if the factory is subcontracting production to other factories.
Before the Goods Are Shipped
Sidebar: List of Common Shipping Terms
Pro-forma invoice (PFI)
Purchase order (PO)
Commercial invoice (CI)
Free on board (FOB)
Letter of credit (LOC or L/C)
Minimum opening order (MOO)
About the Author Global Sources Online Directory sourcing fairs sourcing reports www.globalsources.com