While many enjoy time off work with loved ones around the holidays, truckers work overtime to deliver the gifts and goods that make such celebrations possible.
To explore the impact of the holiday season on truckers, Lance Surety Bonds conducted a survey asking about truckers’ emotional and physical toll.
- On average, truckers anticipate working an extra 15 hours per week during the holidays.
- 38% of truck drivers expect to be working on Christmas this year.
- 51% of truckers expect a holiday bonus this year, and just over half of this group would consider looking for another job if they don’t receive one.
- 25% of truckers are considering looking for another job before the holiday season.
- U.S. truckers are asking for better working conditions, such as better tires, alternate routes and longer breaks during bad weather, hiring more drivers to reduce individual work hours, keeping trucks conditioned for severe weather, mental health resources, more days off during holidays and more.