Quanergy Systems Inc. announced the first commercial integration of 3D AI-powered LiDAR solutions with the Genetec Inc. The integrated solutions will provide advanced people flow and occupancy management in smart spaces as well as enhanced threat detection and surveillance in high-security environments.
Quanergy’s high-performance AI-powered 3D LiDAR solution will be integrated to the Genetec unified security platform, allowing its use in multiple specialized Security Center modules including Restricted Security Area, Passenger Flow Analytics, and Occupancy Management package to help automate security, people counting and social distancing applications.
Adding Quanergy’s 3D LiDAR and sensor data flow to Genetec Security Center provides increased real-time accuracy for a clearer read on actual footfall traffic, occupancy and proximity in a wide variety of industrial applications from transit systems, airports and industrial facilities to public facing businesses including banking and retail.
“Quanergy’s LiDAR flow management solutions bring a new level of real-time 3D insights that make them ideal for any environment where high accuracy and operational intelligence are critical,” said Enzo Signore, CMO at Quanergy. "Our tight integration with the Genetec Security Center unified platform enables a unique level of automation of many applications across retail, critical infrastructure, airport, seaport, enterprise, and smart cities.”
“We are excited to be integrating Quanergy's 3D LiDAR flow management solutions within Genetec Security Center,” said David Lenot, Airport Product Leader at Genetec. “By bringing their 3D LiDAR sensor data into the traffic and passenger flow modules in our unified platform, we’re helping airports and other organizations address pressing needs while also unlocking new insights into their security operations.”
Quanergy’s AI-powered LiDAR solution accurately and reliably monitor wide areas in real-time in a variety of environments without compromising people’s privacy. The new integrated 3D LiDAR-based solutions will provide:
- 98%+ detection accuracy: Quanergy QORTEX People Counter accurately detects the number and direction of people, entering in and out of common areas. This can also be used to detect tailgating and increase the security of critical areas. QORTEX People Counter accuracy is significantly higher than camera-based system.
- Dramatic reduction in false alarms: Quanergy’s QORTEX DTC solution significantly reduces false alarms typical of camera-based systems due to its advanced object detection, tracking, and classification capabilities.
- 5X - 20X lower TCO (total cost of ownership) than camera-based systems due to very wide coverage (360 degree) and long range (40-70m). A single sensor can cover the area upwards of 8000 m2. This broad area coverage also reduces installation and cabling costs.
- Rich 3D, real-time data: Quanergy’s flow management solutions provide accurate centimeter level information about the number of objects, their spatial location, direction, and speed. Quanergy solutions also can detect distance between people to accurately monitor and manage social distancing policies.
- Privacy protection without compromising or storing private personal information. The LiDAR solutions do not use facial recognition technology nor require opt-in by users; they therefore guarantee the anonymity of people and pose zero PII risk.
- Reliable & Scalable: Works in all lighting and atmospheric conditions so security systems can effectively operate 24/7.