Overall parcel volumes continue to rise during COVID-19 pandemic
Consignor: Based on shipping data, we’ve unearthed a series of key trends around the changes in shipping volumes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• 13% increase in the number of parcels shipped overall
• Rise of B2C ecommerce shipments of 17%
• 9% increase in parcels shipped domestically
• 2% decrease in parcels shipped across borders
• Retail parcel volume down 8% compared to expected volumes
These figures compare sets of data for January-March 2019 and January-March 2020, on a like for like basis, removing new business growth from the data sets used.
Peter Thomsen, CEO at Consignor said: “Looking at the traffic numbers on our platform I believe we are seeing a huge shift from retail stores to e-commerce solutions.
“We are committed to supporting organizations as they attempt to navigate their way through the increasingly challenging delivery landscape.”