Swift Sensors launches its new Series 3 wireless sensor system with significant improvements in wireless range, battery life, durability and ease of deployment.
Series 3, re-engineered from the ground up by Swift Sensors, incorporates cutting-edge BLE5 technology with the Nordic nRF52840 SoC’s on-chip cryptography, multiprotocol communication and power management features to:
- Three times the sensor range, up to 300 feet, for use in large facilities.
- Four times the number of sensors (up to 150) that each gateway can securely support, for broader and more detailed sensor coverage.
- Extended sensor battery life of six to eight years, five times the previous version, to reduce maintenance and sensor downtime.
We designed our industrial sensor system from the ground-up to be simple to deploy and use,” said Ray Almgren, CEO of Swift Sensors. “Our new sensors and gateways will drive mainstream adoption of IoT in the industrial markets. Customer feedback over the past several years has also driven configuration, deployment, and durability improvements in the wireless system.”
For example, the first batch of 12 Series 3 sensors includes a predictive vibration sensor that adds peak-to-peak, RMS and crest factor monitoring. This lowers the entry cost of industrial equipment predictive maintenance (PdM) for customers who want to reduce their downtime and maintenance expenses.
Other improvements in the Series 3 platform include:
- A water-resistant (IP 67) sensor enclosure for extra durability in harsh environments.
- “Instant On” one-touch sensor activation for immediate measurements with zero configuration needed.
- “Find My Sensor” console button that blinks a green LED on the deployed sensor to identify it.
- An internet status LED that shows if the gateway is connected to the internet, connected locally or not connected.
- Enhanced web app and LED indicators that simplify gateway Wi-Fi setup.
- An optional USB cellular network module for deployments when ethernet and WiFi are not available.
“Using advanced BLE5 communication protocols we have developed a world-class data delivery system to optimize range, reliability, and security of the Series 3 sensors,” said Dean Drako, founder and executive chairman of Swift Sensors. Our cloud-based wireless monitoring system now offers a breadth of common measurements using the latest IoT technology.