OM Systems announces the launch of OM System, a cloud-based outbreak management software providing the easiest way for businesses to manage COVID-19 response efforts and containment in a closed environment. The platform features a dynamic visual map called “BirdsEye” view allowing rapid assessments to spot and stop outbreaks. OM System was born out of a necessity for empowering employers with a tool to optimize their own outbreak management strategy and get back to work with confidence as the COVID-19 pandemic altered the reality of workplace safety.
As of September 17, 2020, 24 states have reopened, 8 states are in the process of reopening, 9 states are pausing reopening, and 9 states are reversing its opening, according to the New York Times. Beyond this, many essential businesses were forced to operate through the height of the pandemic and will continue to do so. Running and resuming operations comes with risk, liability, and responsibility. Regardless of where a business operates, it is imperative that all businesses are ready to reopen with a coherent and transparent COVID-19 Strategy. Manual processes and patched-together systems add to the challenge.
“When the worldwide crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic descended upon us all, we at OM Systems saw an immediate opportunity to serve. We pivoted one of our existing database solutions to be a powerful tool in visually managing and mitigating infectious disease protocol not just for the current pandemic, but for the upcoming Flu season and beyond,” said Chris Hawker, CEO of OM Systems. “We noticed that organizations were mainly using manual processes and multiple platforms to implement their outbreak management strategy. With that in mind, we developed one tool with three distinct parts: a communications system with the employees, a secure database which stores and tracks information, and a BirdsEye view that allows employers to make rapid assessments of situations, possess operational awareness, and save significant time anticipating and intervening in outbreaks.”
OM Systems’ BirdsEye view gives employers a dynamic visual map to see the health of the workforce in an instant to spot and stop outbreaks. The software allows rapid and efficient communication for employers and their workforce with automatic SMS, email alerts, and check-ins. The platform also helps employers with managing risk and compliance as the tool has been developed with OSHA & CDC guidelines in mind. In addition, the software is easy to implement and manage with a smooth, seamless on-boarding process – allowing a company to be ready in hours, not weeks.
How OM System Works
● System Setup: Employee contact records are securely uploaded. Employees may be organized by work groups (shifts, departments, buildings, sites, etc.).
● Daily Check-in: Through automated text alerts and on-site check-ins, employees, or designated personnel record any adverse symptoms.
● Case Creation: Once a company-defined health risk threshold is met, a case is created, ensuring visibility and follow-up.
● Case Investigation: With simple entry of exposures and OM System’s “Birds Eye” visualization, outbreaks become easy to spot.
● Employee Outreach: Employees who may have been exposed are alerted and supported with measures they can take while maintaining their anonymity.
● Outbreak Managed: OM System provides visualization, reporting, and simplified communication to keep employees safe.
OM Systems is currently planning on launching a mobile app of the platform for iPhone and Android users as another means for employees to report their daily health status to employers.