IBS Rebrands as Iptor Supply Chain Systems with Promise to Help Rule the Exception

Iptor Supply Chain Systems solves order management and fulfilment challenges in a world where exceptions are the rule.

International Business Systems (IBS), a provider of supply chain management, planning and logistics software and services, announced its global rebrand as Iptor Supply Chain Systems.
International Business Systems (IBS), a provider of supply chain management, planning and logistics software and services, announced its global rebrand as Iptor Supply Chain Systems.

International Business Systems (IBS), a provider of supply chain management, planning and logistics software and services, announced its global rebrand as Iptor Supply Chain Systems. The new name reflects the company’s strategic mission to help distribution-focused organizations solve their most complex order management and fulfilment challenges in a world where exceptions are the rule.

The company’s approach is built on its expertise in cloud-based systems and solutions that help its customers handle the full range of customer orders and fulfilment requirements. Recent research undertaken by Iptor Supply Chain Systems points to a fundamental truth: For many distribution businesses, about 90 percent of processes and orders are routine. The other 10 percent—the exceptions, the one-offs, the special requirements—can wreak havoc on the business if not managed properly.

Iptor Supply Chain Systems calls this the 90/10 rule, and it highlights the importance of being able to rule the exception in a distribution market that is ever-changing, increasingly complex and highly competitive.

Jayne Archbold, CEO of Iptor Supply Chain Systems, commented, “This is more than just a rebrand—our name signals a fresh, refined approach to how we focus our experience and expertise to better serve our existing and future customers.”

She continues, “The idea of ruling the exception was born out of customer research. Over 1,250 distribution businesses use our products and services to manage their operations. They operate in many sectors and in 40 countries, yet they consistently tell us that a key challenge is handling the 10 percent of non-standard orders and added-value services that differentiate their offering. Without good systems support, these exceptions can disrupt established workflows and eat into operating margins. We partner with customers to help them not just manage, but rule the exceptions. We help them reduce complexity, and improve efficiency and accuracy, and we give them real-time visibility across all their operations.”

Boasting past expertise and industry knowledge, Iptor Supply Chain Systems has grown into a specialist supplier of reliable enterprise resource planning (ERP) and warehouse management system (WMS) solutions to the distribution and publishing sectors worldwide. Its software applications are backed by a global customer service team, and can be delivered on premise or as a managed cloud service.

Archbold added, “Today, over 17 percent of our customers use our cloud services. And our expertise in cloud and managed services means that we can help customers integrate with their partners, upstream and downstream, and adapt quickly to new opportunities. It means that our customers can focus on their core business, and those exceptions, while we take care of infrastructure and connectivity. We are a full-service partner, dedicated to helping customers solve their most complex order management and fulfilment challenges.” 

Latest