Shippo launches Addresses API, a new solution that will enable Shippo users to seamlessly validate, parse and store customers’ shipping addresses. With this offering, businesses of every size can avoid costly deliverability issues and provide their customers with an exceptional shopping experience, from checkout to front door delivery.
“Consumer expectations and preferences are changing faster than ever before. However, one thing remains constant: Shoppers want to order an item and have it delivered on time, at the right place. They don’t want to spend time tracking down a lost package or waiting weeks for their item to arrive at the right address”, says Laura Behrens Wu, founder and CEO at Shippo. “At Shippo, we’re dedicated to helping businesses tackle the more complicated elements of shipping – and that includes a smooth delivery process. With the launch of our Addresses API, businesses can improve their parcel delivery with an easy-to-use solution. We’re excited to bring the Addresses API to our customers and continue to establish Shippo as the go-to shipping solution.”
- Using Shippo’s Addresses API, businesses can eliminate costly shipping mistakes, increase operational efficiency, and improve the customer experience, ultimately enabling them to better protect their top and bottom line.
- In a recent analysis, Shippo found that addresses not validated were 15x more likely to lead to an undeliverable package than those that were validated, and that validated addresses reduced address-related delivery issues by 48%.
- Features include:
- Quickly validate, standardize and format addresses for domestic and international shipments by leveraging Shippo’s aggregated database. Easily identify suggested address changes, determine whether to accept or reject them with Shippo’s Confidence Score, and instantly correct invalid addresses. Address validation also enables businesses to validate addresses upstream during customer checkout.
- Quickly convert a single string of text into up to 10 fields, including street, city and phone number. Expedite the address entry process for customers during checkout.
- Store customer addresses to save time and minimize errors during label creation.