WESTMINSTER, CO January 17, 2001 Requisite Technology, a provider of catalog creation and management solutions, recently announced the launch of BugsEye 3.0, the company's patented finding engine, and eMerge, its catalog management system.
Requisite's Unifying Structure (RUS) the company's standard for organizing catalog content bundled with it content creation services, and the BugsEye and eMerge products offer customers a platform optimized for the creation, organization and finding of commerce-quality content on the Web. Requisite's 3.0 platform supports leading B2B e-commerce industry categorization standards such as UNSPSC and eCl@ss, and interoperability standards such cXML, xCBL, CIF and BMEcat, a European e-commerce standard.
Version 3.0 of our powerful content management platform enables suppliers to differentiate their catalogs and for buyers to find the products they need, said Mike Neal CTO of Requisite Technology. Our products and services establish a catalog content management platform interoperable with industry leading e-procurement and marketplace systems across the supply chain.
Requisite's 3.0 platform now supports 13 world languages, including all major European languages and Japanese.
BugsEye 3.0 New Product Features:
- Enhanced Integration: The BugsEye software is embedded in or can be integrated with leading e-commerce platforms from Oracle, SAP and Ariba. Other features include a product request button for finding products not currently listed in a catalog and an attribute server connector that allows real-time information to be extracted from outboard systems.
- Increased Usability: Users now have the ability to auto-generate a table of contents from a UNSPSC hierarchy containing only those categories that include items. The BugsEye software also has an improved and updated overall user interface, as well as shopping cart enhancements including automatic quantity update and the ability to return to the shopping cart from an item details page.
- Greater Automation: The BugsEye software now includes an automatically generated table of contents, as well as new automated scheduler feature, which allows for an executed action to be initiated at any designated time.
- Enhanced Security: The Bugs Eye software now supports Lighweight Directory Access Protocol, Web server security and other OEM security features.
eMerge 3.0 New Product Features:
- Standards Support: The eMerge 3.0 software supports a broader range of industry and international categorization standards including UNSPSC, eCl@ss, and interoperability standards such as cXML, xCML, CIF and BMEcat.
- Quality Assurance Enhancements: Added feature included image QA and a report wizard offering users an interface to produce custom reports from select attributes.
- Greater Automation: Advanced flow and role-based approval allow users to manage complex approval processes and assign multiple users. The scheduling interface automatically executes load, extract, report, sweep and rebuild view actions based on times designated by the user.
- Usability: The eMerge 3.0 software boasts an improved and updated user interface, which includes a new rules management tab for catalog administrator and an improved interface that allows users to follow step-by-step instructions to set business rules and build reports on e-catalog product data.