Minneapolis—Dec. 7, 2015—HighJump, a global provider of supply chain management software, announced that the AccellosOne warehouse management system (WMS) now features expanded e-commerce functionality to help customers increase supply chain efficiency and accuracy.
The fast growth of online retail is bringing many operational challenges for traditional retailers and wholesale distributors. Outbound order processes cannot scale to meet order volumes of direct-to-consumer shipments; unpredictable demand creates bottlenecks in the warehouse; and customer-specific packing slips can be a logistical nightmare. To address these and other hurdles to effectively managing e-fulfillment operations, the AccellosOne WMS now includes enhanced e-fulfillment order processing functionality to streamline high-volume internet retail operations. Features include:
- Reduced picker travel time with a unique process for wave-planning that groups batch picks by item proximity.
- Reduced order preparation time with 100 percent paper-free picking, while maintaining full item visibility throughout the order lifecycle.
- Optionally pre-defined packing stations based on unique variables such as pack size or order profile.
- The elimination of print latency using proprietary print-and-store technology if the desired process includes end-of-line packing slip creation after the order is picked.
- The elimination of personal computers (PCs) during packing, which means that stations can be created on the fly to meet demand or workload can be dynamically redistributed. This is accomplished through behind-the-scenes parcel shipping and ship confirmation using mobile devices.
- Seamless integration of pick walls, carousels, conveyors and pick-to-light systems into the workflow.
“Distributors are working hard to keep up with the latest demands of online fulfillment, but doing it efficiently and accurately can be a challenge,” said Carl Marin, general nanager for AccellosOne WMS at HighJump. “We expanded the out-of-the-box functionalities of the AccellosOne WMS to help our customers get ahead of this shift and keep a solid bottom line.”
The powerful component architecture of HighJump’s solutions allows distributors and Internet retailers the flexibility to choose the functionality they need to scale their business.