Dallas—August 17, 2015—Airbus DS Communications, an entity of Airbus Defense and Space, selected FPX, an independent software vendor, to deliver a configure-price-quote (CPQ) solution that will provide end-to-end business optimization across its quote and order processes. The cloud-based solution will reduce the time it takes the company to convert a request for proposal (RFP) into a completed order.
Airbus DS Communications is a global provider of mission-critical communications, serving communities ranging from state and local public safety agencies to corporate entities and the federal government.
“We promise our customers we will keep people connected when it matters most,” said Jeremy L. Smith, director of sales operations and channel management at Airbus DS Communications. “One of the ways we do this is by making our sales process easy for our channel partners and customers. FPX will help us simplify and improve quote and order processes with a more accurate and scalable system.”
The enterprise-caliber FPX solution will improve and further integrate all of Airbus DS Communications’ business processes spanning its customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. The solution will provide:
- Seamless, productized integration to its Salesforce CRM platform with a direct connection to its Microsoft Dynamics AX enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- A streamlined and centralized quoting process to create new and renewal quotes in one system.
- Guided selling to empower novice users and channels to sell and serve customers like subject matter experts.
- Ability to instantly update and push promotions, price changes, and new product updates to internal users and external channels without coding.
- Delivery of error-free quotes to customers.
- Automated workflow approval and notification processes to account for organizational discounting and approval methodologies.
- Easy creation of 100 percent accurate proposals that are customizable and ready for signature.
- Improved cycle time from RFP to completed order.
- Clear vision into the sales pipeline down to the part number level.
According to Dave Batt, chief executive officer of FPX, “The FPX solution will enable Airbus DS Communications to securely run complex business processes in the cloud with confidence, and maintain exceptional customer service as the company continues to grow and expand.”