Electric vehicles see continued growth in popularity as consumers and companies alike seek sustainable characteristics in their lives and operations. EV charging network Volta looks to capitalize on this growth, and leans into the commercial fleet industry with a new product in light of one in five vehicles in the United States being owned by a company. The new product, PredictEV Fleet, which analyzes data on existing vehicle fleets and premises and provides customers with critical insights to build fleet electrification plans. Utility provider Southern Company is the first to sign on with a multi-year contract.
PredictEV Fleet provides insights on:
- A range of recommended EVs to replace internal combustion engine vehicles with similar specifications;
- Optimal Volta-provided or other EV supply equipment (“EVSE”) to serve the fleet’s charging needs;
- Estimated costs and savings with a calculation of total cost of ownership;
- Integration of applicable rebates and incentives, such as federal, state, and utility programs offered by Georgia Power and other Southern Company-owned utilities;
- Carbon mitigation by shifting to EVs.
- Additionally, the product establishes data-sharing relationships between fleets and utilities to inform the grid strategies required to support the increased demand for electricity.