Extensiv launched Labor Analytics, a business intelligence tool built within Extensiv 3PL Warehouse Manager to help third-party logistics (3PLs) providers use real time data and historical trends to provide actionable insights on individual and team performance. This tool will help managers understand who is performing what task and how long it is taking to do said task.
“Labor Analytics allows us to poke holes in our own efficiencies and update our standard operating procedures, to make sure everybody’s following the same SOPs, and that just makes our business more productive,” said Greg McRoberts, president and founder of Verde Fulfillment USA.
- 3PLs can track productivity and set goals for picking and packing activities across the entire operation or drill down into individual performance using real-time data from the current day with historical trends.
- 3PLs can better retain top talent by incentivizing high performance and motivating team members with a visual leaderboard that displays individual progress in real-time.
- Once 3PLs have team performance data, they can share it with prospects to demonstrate optimized team performance and value.
- 3PLs can maximize profits by generating the most accurate cost estimates using labor productivity data to tailor the pricing based on similar accounts and services.
- 3PLs can leverage in-depth order fulfillment analyses for the current day or leverage historical trends to plan for the future.
- Optimizing team output allows 3PLs to grow revenue and expand their customer base without adding additional labor.
- By tracking labor efficiency by customer, worker, and warehouse, 3PLs are able to identify process inefficiencies as well as identifying customers that may have costly products to ship.