Radial announced the evolution of Radial Order Management (ROM) with the launch of ROM 20.2. ROM is Radial's differentiated approach to order management and unified commerce, developed specifically for retail and backed by over 30 years of direct-to-consumer expertise. The updated user experience capabilities in ROM 20.2 allows retailers within Radial's network to develop greater efficiency around picking, packing and shipping product, so they can get more orders out daily and cut costs. Retailers also gain more direct order management control, including the ability to make configuration changes in real-time across the entire order workflow, so brands can remain nimble in the face of ever-changing shopping conditions.
"The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically changed consumer shopping behavior and expectations, driving increased ecommerce orders and store fulfillment volumes," said Prashant Bhatia, Senior Vice President of Technology Services at Radial. "It is utterly essential that retailers have complete control of their order management system, so they can adjust to new shopper preferences and pivot quickly based on external factors, such as stores re-opening on different schedules and fulfillment centers opening and closing day-to-day. We are thrilled to better help our clients navigate the 'next normal' and beyond."
In the wake of COVID-19, omnichannel operations have become a necessity for survival. Radial's clients have seen steep increases in store fulfillment volumes with the rise of buy online, pick-up at curbside (BOPAC) and buy online and pick up in-store (BOPIS) options, indicating it is more important than ever that retailers are efficient with the picking, packing, shipping and pick-up process. Having these strategies in place across a digital and physical footprint is now even more crucial to the bottom line, as many consumers prefer BOPAC or BOPIS options to minimize health risks while getting product in-hand immediately. ROM 20.2 is designed to help build efficiency with in-store fulfillment, while providing access to turn fulfillment locations on and off in real time - from specific stores to regions to entire store networks. ROM 20.2 offers retailers deep inventory visibility and order orchestration, ensuring orders are allocated to the right location while saving on supply chain costs.
The new and enhanced features available within ROM 20.2 include:
- Deepened access to configure, edit and manage order workflows, including enhanced ability to make configuration changes in real time.
- Greater opportunities to capitalize on cost savings through more self-service capabilities that reduce/remove the need for paid project work. New self-service options grant retailers more control and flexibility, so they can pivot quickly to meet shifting customer demands.
- Modernized user interface so store associates can easily optimize the picking, packing and shipping process.
- Additional search options for store associates, store managers, and business admins, including upgraded user interaction for search.
- Enhanced order workflow visualization tool that provides a clear view of the end-to-end lifecycle of an order.
- Ability to audit an order to gain a deeper understanding of the order journey it went through, the states, and timing.
- Efficient and intuitive order return screens that optimize a retailers' ability to process returns.
"Trusted by the world's leading brands and retailers, Radial has seen a 30% increase in ROM adoption over the past year," Bhatia added. "This momentum, along with the 20.2 release, are a reflection of our continued investment in analyzing and optimizing the order management process for the betterment of our customers in order to meet consumer expectations. Post-COVID-19, we are confident retailers will see great value in having deeper access and control of their order workflows, so they can better deliver on shopper promises."