Westminster, Calif.—Jan. 25, 2013—Netwin Solutions Inc., a provider of integrated Global Trade Management (GTM) solutions, announced its GTKonnect Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) software. The new software automates and simplifies complex zone-related data management, deadlines and reporting through reconciliation with inventory Bill of Materials (BoM), exception reporting and integration with other software systems and partner organizations to reduce data entry.
A user of GTKonnect FTZ Software since December 2012, Mitsubishi Motors North America uses the software to automate more than 250,000 zone transactions per day in the production of 250 to 400 cars in its zone factory in Normal, Ill. The software enabled Mitsubishi Motors to manage complex zone reporting without requiring additional staff.
“The rules and regulations surrounding zone requirements are complex and it would be a huge undertaking for us to stay current and manage the information on our own,” said Ralph Garcia, Manager, International Trade Compliance, Mitsubishi Motors. “At Mitsubishi, we have extensive experience working with Netwin through several of their other offerings and knew, from the level of quality received, that their FTZ Software would meet or exceed our expectations. GTKonnect makes it easy for us, and our customs broker, to manage the constantly evolving FTZ reporting process.”
The U.S. Foreign Trade Zone program allows companies to defer paying customs duties, fees and taxes on merchandise that is imported into the U.S. until it is consumed; used in construction; or leaves the zone. However, managing and reporting this information—and staying on top of regulations—can be extremely complex without proper software systems.
GTKonnect’s FTZ software provides end-to-end management of zone requirements with zone admission (or e-214 filing) to notify U.S. customs of merchandise entering the zone via automated broker interface (ABI) link; QP/WP reporting for goods that arrive in one location and are being shipped to the zone or exported out of the zone; complete inventory management and visibility to process all zone-related inventory transactions; 06 and 08 entry filing; and end-of-year reporting.
It also offers system tasks throughout the process to ensure the user does not miss customs and border protection or FTZ Board deadlines or submission dates. In addition to integrating with other systems, it speeds processing with electronic filing of e-214, QP/WP (electronic in-bond transactions) and customs entries through ABI and other documentation; and allows the operator to use exceptions—via email alerts and system screen prompts—to automate and simplify the process.
GTKonnect’s FTZ Software provides a comprehensive audit trail for both general purpose and manufacturing zone automation and is ABI and ACE approved.
Additional features include the:
- Ability to integrate BOM and/or inventory consumption data regularly to track inventory, avoid manual entry and reconciliation
- Flexibility to accommodate complex manufacturing processes and use of inventory including exports, domestic and ancillaries
- Ability to do weekly estimate and anti-dumping tracking and combined NAFTA entries
- Unified Web browser user interface and platform to manage all zone operations for a single site or multiple subzones, as well as multiple customers in a general purpose zone or any combination thereof
- Automatic population of Advanced Shipment Notification (ASN) information through integration with systems from carriers, freight forwarders and vessel operators
- Ability to do individual and weekly entries (including CBPF in-bond documentation), generate custom and annual CBP Reconciliation, FTZ Board, Quarterly Harbor Maintenance Fee Data reports
“Due to the complexities of FTZ reporting, we see a huge need for technology to help manage the process,” said Anand Raghavendran, President and Chief Operating Officer, GTKonnect. “We are excited to offer Mitsubishi and other companies a flexible, full-featured alternative that can fit into their business flow, be used at any level of automation and work for any zone. GTKonnect FTZ automates the entire compliance process.”