San Francisco—Nov. 20, 2012—Online community Ebates.com, which provides cash back and special deals, including free shipping and over 5000 coupons to members of Ebates.com, reports that more than three quarters of adults plan to shop online this year (78 percent). And most of those shoppers (85 percent) are indeed going to look for deals like cash back, free shipping and coupon codes.
“We know most shoppers are going to spend their money wisely this year, either on a gift for themselves or for a loved one,” said Kevin Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Ebates. “With a majority of adults shopping online to save time and money this holiday season, Ebates is offering the smartest way to shop with great deals including double cash back and free shipping at hundreds of stores.”
The 2012 “Holiday Wish List Survey” of more than 2,000 adults—conducted online on its behalf by Harris Interactive this month—identifies some of the top ways to save money when shopping online.
- Use free shipping offers: 70 percent
- Use coupon codes: 61 percent
- Shop on discount days: 49 percent
- Stack or “bundle” coupons: 21 percent
- Use a cash back site: 21 percent
- Use reviews or blogs for advice: 21 percent
- Look for double reward days: 17 percent
- Subscribe to an online coupon service: 12 percent
- Take advantage of student discounts: 7 percent
For more report findings, visit www.ebates.com.