Chelmsford, Mass.—August 8, 2012—Shipping solutions provider Kewill Inc.’s Universal Carrier Module (UCM) enables shippers of all sizes, complexity and geographic coverage to onboard new carriers and services with unprecedented speed and flexibility.
“The launch of Kewill UCM is a game-changer for the market,” said Alan Gold, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, Kewill Inc. “For customers, they are now able to make strategic decisions about how best to move their goods, and maintain their own carrier services and compliance with their own business analyst-level resources if they so choose.”
Through a straightforward user interface for configuration and easy-to-use scripting, Kewill UCM provides rapid implementation of international, national or regional carriers globally at a fraction of the time and cost typically associated with onboarding new carriers or maintaining compliance for existing carriers.
With the Kewill Flagship 5.2 UCM multi-carrier shipping management system, customers can maintain their own carrier compliance, add new services and onboard carriers. In addition, shippers are now able to link their strategic services development with their go-to-market plans, and provide services and compliance based on their own timeframe.
“For carriers, be they the global giants, regional carriers or shipping specialists, all can now leverage their strategic services development by being able to create their own compliance and deliver it along with those services, accelerating their time to market,” Gold continued. “We are in active discussions with a number of carriers and anticipate good collaboration. We see this as a win-win for everyone who ships products from and to anywhere in the world. With both the release of Kewill Flagship 5.2 and our new UCM module we underscore our commitment to the global shipping market.”
Kewill UCM features:
- Robust, highly configurable carrier content and compliance tool
- Intuitive menu-driven graphic user interface
- No programming required for adding services or carrier compliance
- Designed for use anywhere in the world (labels and documents produced in any language), for shipping to anywhere in the world
- Currently available for Kewill Flagship 5.2
Kewill Flagship 5.2 features:
- Extended support for TNT Asia
- Additional Newgistics services
- New DHL Global XML PI Web service-based carrier for Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific regions
- Dedicated integration to Kewill Export (export compliance and documentation)
- Extended support for international compliance documents and customs filings