Designed for mobile workers in the field, Psion’s Omnii RT15 is certified for IP65 with a drop rating of 1.8 meters.
Photo credit: Courtesy Psion
London, United Kingdom—March 27, 2012—The Omnii RT15 rugged handheld device is the newest addition to Psion’s modular product portfolio. Designed for mobile workers in the field, the device was developed based on customer and partner input to meet field service, delivery, field data collection and transportation applications. It is certified for IP65 with a drop rating of 1.8 meters.
“The Omnii RT15—combined with the Omnii Advantage and the Windows Embedded handheld platform—represents a breakthrough in the enterprise device market designed to drive down the total cost of ownership,” said David Wurster, Senior Product Manager for Windows Embedded at Microsoft. “Windows Embedded platforms are engineered to deliver reliability, security and efficiency to connected devices and intelligent systems across industries, making it the operating system of choice for the Omnii RT15 that shares similar core values.”
The Omnii RT15 is also part of Psion’s Omnii Advantage program, which enables Omnii RT15 users to upgrade one of the main modules after one full year of ownership.
Additional features of the Omnii RT15 include:
- Multiple data capture modules: range of imaging and laser scanners from multiple vendors
- Expanded wireless capabilities: includes 3.8G HSPA+, 2G EDGE, Bluetooth and 802.11a/b/g/n
- Modular QWERTY numeric keyboard: easier texting and email communications for mobile workers with nine different keyboard options
- Extended battery performance: high capacity battery and new architecture enable a continuous run time of 20 hours (including scanning and wireless usage)
- Tools to do the job: clipboard-inspired stylus and vehicle-cradle design for installation in transport trucks and delivery vans
- Omnii platform compatibility: all accessories, docking units and modules are compatible with the XT15
“The Omnii RT15 is an important addition to our portfolio of handheld devices and shows how Psion’s modular Omnii platform enables us to bring new models to market quickly in response to customer input,” said Ron Caines, President of Worldwide Sales and Service, Psion. “The combination of the Omnii modular platform, working together with Microsoft and the adaptable nature of the devices enables us to deliver exceptional value in terms of lower total cost of ownership.”