Reducing Risk of Damage
- The battery and RFID components include on-board processor, memory and radio transmit and receive capability. These RFID components are protected on the inside of the container, enabling users to recover critical manifest data even if the outside is damaged.
- The mounting procedure further secures the tag on the container.
- New RFID antennae technology that's embedded in a ruggedized, low-profile flat plate that's on the outside of the container. The external component also contains a beeper for audio alerts.
- Further, the ST-656 has the same functionality as the ST-654, which is widely used throughout defense supply chains and affixes to the outside of containers, large mobile equipment and air pallets. These features include 128Kbytes of user memory, read ranges of up to 300 feet, beepers for audio location, and small and rugged designs that can withstand extremely low and high temperatures.
Additional Articles of Interest
Wal-Mart use of RFID Wal-Mart Achieving Improved On-shelf Availability with RFID, Study Finds
holistic look Time for RFID: Applying RFID in the Supply Chain
- More articles about Savi Technology.