- Design: Enables the organization to document the control hierarchy, design assessment plans, and set up the compliance environment for all the business units within the organization.
- Assess: Enables the organization to schedule and perform assessments of design effectiveness and operational effectiveness of the controls.
- Improve: Enables the organization to manage the remediation, exception and disclosure processes, track their status, and ensure successful completion.
- Monitor: Provides visibility into the ongoing compliance efforts within the organization through role-based dashboards and scorecards.
- Document Management: Provides a central repository for all documents required for compliance with Section 404 including company's policies, procedures, process documentation and all other regulatory and legal information.
- Training: Enables the organization to make compliance a part of the company's culture by driving consistency through managing all aspects of employee training.
- Audit: Performs process-level self-assessments and provides support for internal and external auditors.
Additional Articles of Interest
For more information on Sarbanes-Oxley, read Parts 1 and 2 of the recent SDCExec.com series on Contract Management: Five Myths of Contract Management, and Contract Management: Improving Corporate Governance.
Other recent SDCExec.com articles on Sarbanes-Oxley:
- More articles about MetricStream.