Supply Chain Solutions targets multi-client supplier mall at manufacturers importing, exporting goods to and from Asian markets
- Consolidating inbound and outbound freight costs.
- Sharing a workforce so that any downtime for one manufacturer is offset by the busy times of another, securing 110 jobs year-round.
- Manufacturers and distributors can take advantage of the ability to distribute directly from Asia to customers, rather than making a stop in Michigan.
- Combined assistance in meeting Foreign Trade Zone requirements and consolidating nationwide shipments that come in from Asia.
- Shared availability of onsite experts in inspections, packaging, testing, customs, returns handling and other duties that normally consume a significant percentage of the cost of manufacturing goods.
- A shared workforce that is bilingual and fully supported in training and education.
For more information on the latest trends in the logistics space, see the article "The Analyst Corner: Fulfillment & Logistics" in the October/November 2004 issue of Supply & Demand Chain Executive.