- A special edition of Intermec's 700 Series color mobile computer with a full alphanumeric keypad. It supports batch 802.11-standard wireless LAN and GSM/GPRS wide-area wireless capabilities and offers integrated bar code scanning options. The unit was ergonomically designed for a full day's use in harsh environments, the solution providers said. This special edition of the 700 Series is available only as part of the Savi/Intermec active RFID reader system.
- The Savi Mobile Reader (SMR-650), based on Savi's EchoPoint technology, uses both 123MHz radio frequency for short-range transmissions and 433.92 MHz radio frequency for long-range radio transmissions up to 200 feet. The SMR is a low-profile, lightweight, battery-operated reader that commissions, reads and writes to Savi's active RFID tags. The SMR-650 mounts on the back of the Intermec mobile computer.
- Savi SmartChain Mobile Manager software, which is installed on the Intermec mobile computer, enables users to read, write and edit active RFID tag data through the SMR. SmartChain Mobile Manager also provides export features that allow data files to be transferred between the Savi Site Manager software and the handheld device.
- More than 300MB of memory, compared with 32MB in a previous version.
- Omnidirectional RFID read ranges of up to 200 feet; prior handhelds used directional antennas that provided a read range of up to 100 feet.
- A bracket to mount the Savi SMR-650 onto the Intermec mobile computer, which allows the SMR to draw power from the handheld and eliminates the need for a separate charger. The SMR-650 also can be interfaced with other models of Intermec 700 Series mobile computers.
- A docking station to upload data collected by the Intermec mobile computer into the DoD's information systems, including the Total Asset Visibility network.
Additional Articles of Interest
holistic look Time for RFID: Applying RFID in the Supply Chain
future of the RFID market The O'RFID Factor: A 'No Spin' Look at Where Radio Frequency Identification Is Headed Supply & Demand Chain Executive
radio frequency identification (RFID) this link extensive listing