- Issue Recording and Verification: Define quality problem reported by customers in measurable and specific terms; record device markings to identify failed components and trace their manufacturing history; and select the investigation team and conduct initial verification of the problem.
- Containment and Failure Analysis: Take containment action while quality analysts do failure analysis; follow standard failure codes and assign code to each failed component. Attach relevant failure analysis and other documents that get consolidated in the final report to the customer.
- Generate the final "8D" report to the customer automatically using the desired template applicable to the particular customer. The final report can be printed in Microsoft Word or Adode PDF format, and a permanent copy of the report is associated with the record and stored in the system for historical and audit purposes.
- Reports and Metrics: Get real-time visibility into open case counts, closed case counts, open case count by age, etc. Executive dashboards provide a visual representation to the status of customer reported issues, enabling an organization's customer-facing representatives to provide the real-time feedback customers demand. Reports for internal tracking and review as well as for status reporting to the customer in prescribed formats are available.
- Plan and Initiate: Identify required product changes and schedules in a horizon report; propose products for obsolescence and discontinuation; and analyze customer and internal processes that will be affected.
- Approval and Execution: Consolidate proposed changes for review by a central approval committee; seek and track approvals from affected customers and account managers for upcoming changes; and issue timely notifications to sales and customers for obsolescence.
- Reports and Metrics: On-demand reports and executive dashboards provide visibility into product change data by types, product lines, part numbers, customers and regions. Graphical displays enable tracking of planned and unplanned changes, approved and rejected changes, cycle times and customer approval status.
Additional Articles of Interest
warranty management Carrier ArvinMeritor retailer Sears Whirlpool Sub-Zero
business risks associated with product quality The Quality Risk Supply & Demand Chain Executive
outsource your supply chain five success factors Rising to the Challenge of the Outsourced Supply Chain Supply and Demand Chain Executive
- More articles about MetricStream.