- $2.3 billion (39 percent) - Internal labor / headcount
- $1.9 billion (32 percent) - Technology
- $1.8 billion (29 percent) External consulting
- 39 percent of companies currently have an operational SOX solution, while 37 percent are implementing one in 2005. Even so, over 80 percent of companies plan to add to or improve on what they have in place in 2006.
- 40 percent of companies have a specific budget for SOX compliance; the remainder fund efforts from existing operations.
- None of the companies surveyed have spent less than anticipated.
Additional Articles of Interest
Sarbox: Setting a Better Organization in Motion
Five Myths of Contract Management Contract Management: Improving Corporate Governance
Sarbanes-Oxley compliance Supplier Compliance: The Responsibility Lies with You Supply and Demand Chain Executive
- More research from AMR Research.