- Leadership education, total involvement and accountability of senior financial and corporate management in driving the integration of S&OP with business management processes.
- Formalizing the new S&OP process and implementing a quantitative modeling "what-if" framework based on key performance indicators designed to make the decisions made within S&OP more optimal.
- Enhancing quantitative modeling with qualitative insights tied to each planning category, including the assumptions, risks and opportunities associated with the plan.
- Adoption of advanced supply and demand chain technology to ensure cohesive S&OP collaboration, with integrated workflow processes and the assurance of data accuracy and integrity.
- Leveraging an enterprise information technology platform, as well as advanced supply and demand chain solutions and analysis capabilities, to facilitate data flow and decision-making that enables alignment of the S&OP plan with the company's financial goals.
- Coming to a consensus on a single operating plan that supports a company's overall strategy and business plan — the detailed plans are integrated horizontally across business functions and vertically from strategy to execution.
- Focusing on continuous reconciliation, managing gaps and alternative scenario plans.
- Stronger financial modeling beyond the near term to determine the optimal economic responses to changes in customer needs and demand.
- Global alignment across regions and operating divisions involving collaboration with key levels of management, sales and operations.
S&OP Best Practices Create Measurable Business Value
About the Author www.jda.com