Capitalizing on Complexity - Insights from the Global Chief Executive Officer Study
The Rise of Creativity
A New Set of Capabilities
- See people at their best.
- Listen extraordinarily carefully to hear what team members love to do.
- Challenge people to work outside of their expertise.
- Stop being and thinking you are the smartest, most talented person on the team.
- Find ways to reorganize and utilize individual talents.
- Find out what team members excel at when not at work.
- Encourage people to bring their best game to the team's work.
- Changing everyone's role.
- Rewarding wild ideas.
- Making bold public promises on behalf of the team.
- Introducing disruptive elements.
- Confronting team members with their highest aspirations.
- Bringing in customers for a day.
- Stimulus — Bring stimulating venues, objects, processes, etc., into the team environment to help team members tap into the human brain's natural ability to make associations, connections and intuitive leaps.
- Prototyping — Keep ideas alive and in the organization's consciousness by constantly creating working models, images, illustrations, etc.
- Selling — Bring seriousness to an innovation by selling it to organizational constituents.
About the AuthorBryn Meredith Bluepoint Leadership Development e-mail