Christa Degnan Manning
BusinessTravelConneXion Alicia Tillman
Social Media Finds a Role
- 42 percent use social networking to look for preferred vendors and services from travelers;
- 34 percent seek to uncover travel patterns that could lend to better vendor rates and services;
- 27 percent look to gain visibility into traditionally siloed business functions/departments;
- 26 percent use social media tools to encourage travelers to network with each other;
- 18 percent network with other travel manager/procurement officer peers.
- Real time updates such as a mobile application or the ability to push out notifications and alerts (39 percent);
- Supervision of the entire social media sharing process and specific monitoring of those who are using social media tools (35 percent);
- Reporting ability, such as notification of Web site abuse, comments and security issues (29 percent).