Product development, demand management and supply network operations to be 2005 investment priorities, Manufacturing Insights predicts
- Profitable growth is again at the top of the manufacturer's agenda, but will come from emerging markets and new services.
- Smart companies will combine Lean, Six Sigma and IT investment oversight into a common transformation governance structure.
- Renewed interest in supply chain applications and projects that deliver "productive fulfillment."
- Supply chains will be calibrated to demand information, making the aggregation, organization and integration of this information critical to success.
- Use of best practices such as product portfolio management will be become more widespread.