Supply chain optimization seen as priority initiative for getting closer to customers, NRF/BearingPoint study reveals
- Almost 25 percent of retailers plan for half of their merchandise assortments to be private label;
- In the next 12 months, more than half of retailers (57 percent) plan to replace or upgrade their point-of-sale systems;
- While 38 percent of retailers will focus on domestic expansion, 17 percent will focus on international expansion;
- This year, 33 percent of retailers will focus on redesign and relocation of stores; and,
- More than one in five retailers (21 percent) list outsourcing as a priority for 2005.
- Create true supply chain visibility with a synchronized demand network that eases inventory pain by providing trading partners with optimal flow through of product and near-real time sharing of forecasts and demand signal;
- Link disparate systems for common connectivity to aid in retailers' streamlining of operations; and,
- Target and segregate high-value customers from low- and no-value customers, and provide the right combination of product and services to earn loyalty.