Date: 01/23/13 12:00 AM CT - 01/25/13 12:00 AM CT
Location: Myanmar (Burma)
Web site: http://www.CHA1N.com
In the last few years, Myanmar has gone through an irreversible transformation, like Vietnam did 20 years ago. which is both political, economical and cultural. Yes, there are still serious issues in doing business in Myanmar: laws are archaic, talents and managerial expertise are limited, infrastructure is poor as factories in Yangon typically only get electricity from noon until 5pm, relying on generators the rest of the time.
But this country of more than 100 different ethnic groups also has the largest land mass in Southeast Asia outside of Indonesia. It has vast natural resources and a well-educated population. In short, if the economic policy shift now underway takes root, Myanmar is in the early stages of an economic takeoff that could parallel China in the 1980s. Even Jim Rogers, the legendary international investor, has recently called Myanmar, "probably the best investment opportunity in the world right now."
The Global Supply Chain Council, in partnership with GloAsia International (GAI), is proud to invite you to its Myanmar Supply Chain Roadshow on January 23-25, 2013. This 3-days trip of intensive meetings and visits will give you a good idea on how companies are running their supply chain, manufacturing and logistics operations in Yangon.
The itinerary will include visits, presentations and stops at:
- Yathar Cho Industry (market leader of instant noodle YumYum)
- FAME Pharmaceuticals (manufacturer of high quality nature and organic medicines)
- Myanmar Brewery (one of the best-run foreign-invested companies in Myanmar)
- Myanmar International Terminals Thilawa (multi-purpose container terminal)
- Myanmar POSCO (steel manufacturer)
- And many more! click on http://cha1n.com/events/mscr13 for the complete program.
The program also include meetings with local and foreign professionals working in Yangon during a special Networking Cocktail Mixer on January 24 in Yangon.