What's Your Net Best Thing?
Each company described in this article has taken a different path toward building a next-generation supply chain, illustrating that no cookie- cutter solutions yet exist for making a supply chain more efficient, and that strategic planning remains critical when contemplating any e-business solution. As Barloworld's Deppe says: It's important that people don't create e-business companies for the sake of creating them. If the Internet can provide an expansion to your business process, then look at it. Otherwise, keep looking for your own Net Best Thing.
The Budd Company's Seven e-Business Strategy Goals:
1. Develop a cohesive solution across the company.
2. Lead where it adds advantage.
3. Follow where it saves resources.
4. Look for quick wins.
5. Reduce transaction costs.
6. Increase supply chain efficiency.
7. Complement any ThyssenKrupp Automotive initiative.