- How well does the product flow into, within and out of the facility?
- Does the forward pick area (pick modules) hold sufficient inventory to avoid excessive replenishment requirements?
- Is the storage system and area large enough to accommodate the inventory, including any required safety stock?
- What type of conveying and sortation equipment will be used?
- What are the staffing requirements?
- Does the operating budget include staffing, maintenance, utilities and the cost of the information system?
- How well will the facility adapt to a change in operating requirements?
- How effectively will the warehouse management system work with the automated material handling system?
Create a detailed project plan
About the Author Craig A. Bertorello TriFactor, LLC email@example.com